For the health and safety of our kids, weapons, smoking, chewing tobacco, alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, or pets (including dogs of any size) are NOT allowed on the GCAA Complex or on the West View Elementary fields. If you are seen with any of these things, you will be asked to leave the campus and may be found in violation of the Parent Code of Conduct or may be reported to the local authorities which may result in criminal charges and/or disciplinary action by the GCAA Board of Directors, Disciplinary Committee, or the Chairperson of a sport.
Also, public intoxication or being under the influence of any controlled substances on the GCAA Complex, West View Elementary fields, or any other place where GCAA teams are gathering, practicing, or competing will not be tolerated. These actions may also result in being reported to the local authorities which may result in criminal charges and/or disciplinary action by the GCAA Board of Directors, Disciplinary Committee, or the Chairperson of a sport.
GCAA's PARENTS CODE OF CONDUCT
1. I understand that the Greater Cleveland Athletic Association is organized to promote youth athletics and good sportsmanship.
2. I understand that my conduct as a parent will have a definite impact on youth for whom it is intended, the program, and myself.
3. I pledge to support, cooperate, and work in every way to promote youth athletics in the best interest of the programs and youths involved.
4. I pledge to be respectful to all officials, even in an expression of disagreement.
5. I do agree to adhere to the principles of good sportsmanship and to the rules and regulations defined by GCAA and any organizations affiliated with GCAA.
6. I understand that if I display poor sportsmanship, whether during or following a game, I will be subject to partial or permanent program suspension. Unsportsmanlike conduct is defined as, but not limited to the following:
7. Regulations regarding adult's ejection or suspension will follow the guidelines listed below:
8. I understand that any suspension may be appealed by using the following process:
The suspended individual should submit in writing a detailed account of the incident to the president of the association within 48 hours of the suspension. The statement should give names of any witnesses that observed the incident.
9. This Code of Conduct does not exclude discipline by NCYSA. In the case of an ejection, the parent must leave the facility (out of sight and sound) in which the field is located and cannot return until 1 hour after their team's next match. If the parent does return before this time, an additional 2 game suspension will be incurred. Typical GCAA disciplinary actions for offenses are shown below: